Maximum Credit Limits:
- -Of the first 60 semester units awarded a student in an undergraduate program, no more than 15 semester units
- may be awarded for prior experiential learning.
- -Of the second 60 semester units (i.e., units 61 to 120) awarded a student in an undergraduate program,
- no more than 15 semester units may be awarded for prior experientia l learning.
- -Of the first 30 semester units awarded a student in a graduate program, no more than 6 semester units may be awarded
- for prior experiential learning.
- -Of the second 30 semester units (i.e.,units 31 to 60) awarded a student in a graduate program,
- no more than 3 semester units may be awarded for prior experiential learning.
- -No credit for experiential learning may be awarded after a student has obtained 60 semester units in a graduate program.
- No credit will be awarded for the doctoral program.
Qualifying the Experience
Credit for Prior Experiential Learning shall only be granted by the Dean of Academic Affairs upon the written recommendation of a faculty member and may grant such credit only if all of the following conditions apply:
- -The prior learning is equivalent to a University or university level of learning.
- -The learning experience demonstrates a balance between theory and practice.
- -The credit awarded for the prior learning experience directly relates to the student's degree program and is applied in
- satisfaction of some of the degree requirements.
- -The student has documented each University or university level learning experience for which credit is sought in writing.
- -In evaluating prior experiential learning, America Evangelical University staff may factor in the assessment of certain external
- organizations based on published guidelines.
AEU relies on internal evaluations of credit from foreign institutions of higher education.